Repost! FIVE WAYS TO STAY WARM, COMFY, AND FASHIONABLE THIS WINTER!
January 20, 2012
Ok, so its winter. It will probably snow in a minute, and soon, you will be freezing your butt off and all your fabulousness will go out the window… Right?!
NO, WRONG! I will show you my five favorite ways to stay warm AND look cute this winter! Here we go:
1. Get the basics right! It's inevitable that we need to layer when its cold outside, but you can make it less complicated if you get the right layering pieces. I recommend getting thin long sleeve t-shirts, thin turtlenecks, and long tanks that can be tucked into your clothing. Pick basic colors like black, grey, brown, and beige. These pieces will be your foundation for good layering.
2. Stock up on STOCKINGS! You probably want to wear a cute skirt or dress, but can't bare the thought of baring your legs! I know! So, buy yourself some comfy THICK stockings or leggings to wear under your skirts and dresses. Here are some of my favorites:
3. Pick your SUPERSTARS! By this I mean, when you're wearing layers, you'll want a one-piece focal point, AKA an accessory or clothing that takes the stage! Here are my suggestions- a beautiful scarf, necklace, earrings, belt, hairpiece, a special blazer, or detailed skirt, you get the idea. Here are some great winter accessories and specialty items to vary up your outfits and keep you looking fabulous!
4. Pick a few basic outfits..to switch up with accessories and stand out pieces, here are some ideas:
5. HOT BEVERAGES! Nothing makes winter cozier and happier than a nice hot cup of Tea, Coffee, Hot Chocolate, or Soup! It's a seasonal thing, so enjoy them! Here are my favorites:
I hope you enjoyed my styling suggestions, let me know how it works for you!